cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

EE did two hard credit searches

sjoh3998
Investigator
Investigator

I recently went through an order on the EE site, got to the payment page, put in my payment details, waited until a 'continue' button appeared, clicked it, and just got sent back to the home page. I assumed nothing had gone through, so went through the whole process again, this time successfully, got an order number, confirmations, and ultimately was sent my phone and have a contract that is perfectly fine and happy.

Much to my chagrin, two days later, I received an email saying a credit check had been performed and failed, so my order was cancelled. I discovered that this was actually from the original attempt at the purchase, so didn't affect my existing contract, but now due to this error, I have two hard searches on my credit file from EE (have verified this).

Has this ever happened to anyone? I have filed a complaint with EE already to have it resolved, but does anyone know if EE will be able to remove the erroneous search from the credit agencies' records, or will I also have to file a dispute with the credit agencies themselves (and if so, does anyone have any advice?)

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @sjoh3998,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear there was a problem with your initial order.

As you've already raised a complaint, I'm confident this issue will be dealt with quickly.

If you need any further help, please see Credit files explained which includes information on how you can contact Credit Referrals Team.

Hope this helps.

James