cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Goodbye

nicksuch
Contributor
Contributor

I tried so hard to join

EE made life difficult at every turn. I had two contracts for over 20 years with voda and came to ee for the better signal. after failing a credit check, Laughable, £35k job, no bad debt and a credit score of 996. im offered no explanation of why, all for a £16 a month contract. I ask for an explanation and am basically told tough, go away. so goodbye ee hello voda, what a shame. the signal was great where i work. oh and by the way, sailed through the voda credit check no hassles. 

ee sort yourselves out.

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@nicksuch unfortunately having what you believe is an ok credit rating doesn’t mean EE will give you credit or have too.  The amount you earn has nothing to do with it if your not using any credit. Ie you owe on a debit.  not having a credit history also doesn’t help. If you don’t have any credit history how are EE going to give credit?   

EE or any other company that gives you credit doesn’t have to explain to you why you fail a credit check. 

Kirigaya_Kazuto
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

My friend had difficulty because the store spelt his last name without the ‘ in it, so they assumed he had bad credit 

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @nicksuch 

It's not about bad credit it is about what commitments you have and how long you have remaining on those terms, what type of credit (short term loans, spread the payment loans, high intrest loans/credit cards), electoral roll, time in job,number of previous searches etc....

Obviously something doesn't add up in your application. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.