cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

EE 4G Wifi Router - can i use regular Wifi extenders??

larksd
Visitor

Hi all, hope you are very well. 

New user. Im looking into getting EE 4G wifi at home. I have some thick stone walls and a elongated home. So I will need a wifi extender(s) to boost the signal from the router. The person at EE I have been talking to tells me that the setup I would be provided with is '4G ee HOME ROUTER OR ROUTER 2', but doesnt know if it is possible to use wifi extenders with it. 

Can anyone tell me if I can use a regular wifi extender with this setup please? Or if you have any other advice. 

V much appreciated, 

David. 

3 REPLIES 3
wardi
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi larksd.. I have a 4GEE router and as our house is quite long I use it with a booster without any problem - it just needs setting up with your wifi.  My advice would be to buy a decent one - don't be tempted by the £30-40 jobbies.  I have a TP Link RE450 which does the job well for me; if you think the chunky walls might be a problem the RE650 might be better for you.

Nobby55
Visitor

Hi I’m looking into same thing 

camy252
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I can also confirm wifi extenders/powerline adapters worked with my 4GEE. 

I've switched over to using Unifi Access Points instead now though as I found the connections on the adapters not great but thats not an EE thing but more because my house wiring probably isn't up to par.