cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Domestic violence

njmajm123
Visitor

The second phone on my account is registered to my ex partner who was recently arrested for assauting me. We were intending on transferring the ownership into his name but unfortunately this didnt happen. Contact between us now has been restricted so I cannot do the transfer of ownership.

Any ideas on how I can sort this out?

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@njmajm123 If your contact is restricted then you’ll have to go through your solicitor.   

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

A Change of Ownership of a mobile a/c can only be effected with the cooperation & agreement of both parties involved. EE cannot perform it on the unilateral say-so of only 1 of them. Anyway the other party would be subject to a credit check which might be problematic in the circumstances.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @njmajm123

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear about your domestic situation, I hope you're doing OK now.

As mentioned above, you would have to give permission for your ex-partner to take over your contract, he would then have to call to set up his new account and pass a credit check.

You can get the ball rolling with our Mobile Care team, then if you can get a message to him safely, he can call us and finish the transfer.

Chris