cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Crafty from EE

Beany96
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Anyone else a bit annoyed EE have lowered all plans for the iPhones yet, Customers already with them have to pay £87 for the same plan a new customer can get for £80, hardly seems fair.

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Beany96  They have come down in price,  The tariff I have is now cheaper all be £5 it’s still a price drop or was you expecting something dramatic in a price drop.  

your second comment is to entice new customers.  And also EE are allowing a lot of customers to upgrade early to the iPhone 13 and have waved the earlier upgrade fee, I’ve seen people commenting they’ve saved £100 and one comment was about £500. 

so they are doing a good service for upgrading customers.    Does that sound fair to you.  

Beany96
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

More people on anytime upgrade, where it was £86 last year and now it’s £80 but I’m only allowed to go to £87 a month  that’s a (168 pounds more over contract) seems harsh that they won’t allow me and others to have the cost of everyone else, when I’m giving them back a phone I could probably sell for £700plus 

I'm kind of in agreement. The rule for anytime upgrades of "must be higher or same price plan" is all fine and well, but when you sign up to a £70 plan, that becomes £71.38 after March, then go to upgrade, but now can't get the £70 plan on the website, you need to go for the £80 plan does feel a bit cheated.

Unfortunately, you agreed to the price of your plan and future increases when you signed your existing contract, it's not crafty from EE in the slightest.

The anytime time upgrade that is part of your contract has its own T&Cs of that contract although it is a anytime  upgrade contract it’s still a 24 month contract that you agreed to honour if you do not upgrade, if you choose to upgrade early then then the T&Cs of that will apply. Perhaps understanding what the Anytime upgrade tariff actually is probably the best course of action before you think I can have a new phone every year.  And you agree to the RPI/CPI increases when you took out that contract regardless of it being a Anytime upgrade contract.