cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

14 days distance selling cancellation

Raffaello2017
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Last week I ordered the iPad Pro 12.9, but hadn’t taken the costs of the DATA roaming monthly pass into account. I realised that over the 24 months of the contract this would add an eye watering £215.76, and would make paying for the iPad in the UK far too expensive. I followed the instructions sent with the device requesting a return through channel.returns@ee.co.uk., they sent me a link to an online form that I’ve completed. Both their email and the online form stated I’d be contacted within 48 hours, but as of today Thursday I have not been contacted. I call 150 and was eventually put through to the cancellation department, only for a recorded message to say the department was closed until further notice. 

I want to return this device under the 14 day distance selling, which I’m legally entitled to do but if EE are not going to respond to my request…how am I supposed to do it within the 14 days ? Is this a crafty way of EE/BT charging me ?

4 REPLIES 4
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

This is not a crafty way at all.

Call EE back up but go to another department. They may be able to help.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Raffaello2017 

I don't know for certain, but I should imagine that as long as you've instigated the return request within the 14day limit, that is sufficient.

Hi @bristolian Sorry for my tardy response to your possible solution, update I’ve received was to resubmit my return request that was on Thursday or Friday and wait another 48 hours, as yet still haven’t heard any more from them.

Hi @BrendonH Thanks for your comment. I had another response from them telling to resubmit my request, and after they received it, it would be another 48 hours before they responded which means they should respond today…although I’m not holding my breath for that to happen.