cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Contacts not showing on incoming calls

Gina53
Investigator
Investigator

I've recently swapped plans and since then anytime I have an incoming call it just says Private Number even if it's a contact. Texts are fine, even the answer phone text will say which contact has called but the missed call notification says Private Number. 

I've checked that all permissions are on and cleared cache etc as per a Google search.

Is this a fix I can do or is it at EE's end. 

6 REPLIES 6
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Gina53 

Your contacts aren't synchronised with your Google account. Make sure under settings accounts your contacts sync is activated. You can also force a sync. Then restart.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Thank you but I've already tried that and my sync is on. I've also deleted all my contacts and started again saving to device and then sync to Google. 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Gina53

Thanks for coming to the community. 

When did this first start?

Does your phone ever show the contact?

Is your handset running on the latest software?

Katie 🙂

Hi and thank you.

It started 3 weeks ( ish) ago, the same day as I changed plans and the contact lock went on, which should be off now as it's been requested I've never had a problem before

No numbers come up at all. Everything just says Private Number. Texts don't seem to be affected. I'm assuming I'm up to date, to be honest I haven't checked. Could be a possible 

Me again, just checked and there's no updates so I must be on latest software 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Gina53

It may be worth speaking to our technical support team, just to make sure everything is OK from our side.

Chris