cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Can I use my 60GB data pack whilst in Dominican Republic?

acosta1997
Visitor

Hi, thanks for taking the time to help me out.

I’m planning on going to Dominican Republic and I want to make sure that I’ll have data when I’m there so I can use the maps, so it’s vital that I get the correct information first.

I’ve called EE 3 times, the first time I asked if I could use a data add-on whilst there, according to the data roaming charges page it says “Buy data add on” and that data/internet is not included in my allowance, I was told by support that you cannot use the data add on there, I thought they must be making a mistake because that information does not correspond with what I’ve read on the page.

I called them up for a second time to see if they said the same thing, I was then told that I could actually just buy a pack such as the 60GB data pack and use that in Dominican Republic, again I thought this is odd because on the data roaming charges page it says it’s not included in my allowance.

Due to being even more skeptical now, I called up for a final time to confirm that information, I was told again that I can use my data pack ANYWHERE in the world, Shaun or Kieran, the person I spoke to, said even the North Pole! I was shocked to hear this.

The data roaming charges page I’ve been referring to is this one:

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/roaming-costs/countries/dominican-republic#

Can someone here please share their knowledge of using packs abroad? Thank you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@acosta1997   You can not use any allowance while there.  You’ll need to purchase a data bundle for the Dominican Republic.    

see HERE 

this data bundle add on is not the add ons you see when you login to your account to purchase data add ons. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@acosta1997   You can not use any allowance while there.  You’ll need to purchase a data bundle for the Dominican Republic.    

see HERE 

this data bundle add on is not the add ons you see when you login to your account to purchase data add ons.