cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

4GEE Wifi with Phone Sim?

DP90
Explorer

I currently have a 4GEE Wifi device with a contract that is available to upgrade now.

Given that EE has 12-month Phone Sims with up to Unlimited Data (at a fraction of the cost of a data only sim), is it possible to use a phone sim in the device?

Is there a Live Chat I could use to speak to someone?

Thanks for any advice!

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @DP90 and welcome.

Providing you cut whatever SIM you insert, down to the right size - then there is absolutely no reason why an EE phone SIM won't work in an EE data device.

It's basically immaterial that the phone plan would come with a call allowance that you won't be using. Whether EE would "officially" encourage it, is another matter. But it would be immaterial, and they certainly can't stop you.

You should be able to live-chat from any of the EE shop web pages.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You can put any SIM, even an unlimited data phone SIM,into any device, even a mobile router & EE can't stop you. That would be a violation of Net-Neutrality rules.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
nbphil
Contributor
Contributor

Yes it will work, that's what I am doing and EE sold me a phone sim for this purpose. Be aware on the unlimited data plan of the 1000GB fair use allowance and the 12 device limit.

It's a 11 devices limit! EE says "12 or more devices is considered non-personal use".

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)