ios16

gavin29
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Not happy with the update they have put the notifications bar at bott9m of the screen and it can't be moved back to the top bring it back so we can change it to the top

12 REPLIES 12
Gareth43
Problem solver
Problem solver

It’s just like anything mate. No one likes change when they use to something but we will get hang of it eventually and you’ll soon forget about it coming in from top. I think IOS 16 actually decent so far

G Alston
iPhone 15 Pro Max
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@gavin29   It has nothing to do with EE how your device operates,  but you have 3 options to choose from on how you see notifications on the Lock Screen 

gavin29
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I know it's nothing to do with ee that's why I've put this in apple chat and there no way of changing it back I've called them up and they said it can't be changed 

mbdrake76
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

The only option you have is to downgrade to iOS 15 and this effectively restores your phone back to factory settings, so this should be done only if you absolutely hate iOS 16 enough to spend time having to restore your phone from backup (assuming people do take backups before major OS upgrades, right?):

https://www.ithinkdiff.com/downgrade-ios-16-to-ios-15/

The only other option is to provide Apple with feedback:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/

and hope that they'll build the functionality that you want into future releases of iOS going forward.  Though I wouldn't hold my breath.  I'm not entirely keen on the positioning of the notifications myself, but I'm slowly getting used to it.  And as @Gareth43, iOS 16 is a pretty decent upgrade all round.

gavin29
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I'm hoping that the next update they will allow people to decide where they want the notifications bar

gavin29
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Apple did say they had quite a few calls about people not happy about where it is 

mbdrake76
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

We could also do with adding a few more widgets to the lock screen too.  Not much space.  I'm sure it'll improve in time.

Garnham02
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Not sure what you mean I’ve been testing iso 16 for apple since June can you explain more the notification can be stacked add a screen shot 

Fatboy71
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

I'm sure I read somewhere that Apple moved the notifications to the bottom, as they are more likely to not be in the view of something you are reading on the screen. 

Personally, I prefer them at the bottom as they are more out the way there.

It's like with any major software update, somethings get changed and some people don't like them.