cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7 reboot

gibby69
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, my iPhone 7 has started rebooting a few seconds after I enter my passcode? My home screen opens then after a few seconds either reboots or it reboots straight away, I am unable to look at anything, I’ve tried a hard reboot but no joy.  Can this be repaired at an ee store? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi James_B

well I had several attempts trying to update my phone, last night, and on my final attempt, as I was ready tae give up, it recognised my phone and updated, back to working again 👍 I’ll now take all data I need before it decides to do it again.

so thanks very much for all your help.

Eric.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @gibby69,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your phone. Have you tried restoring it from recovery mode via iTunes?

James

Hi, I had a quick try last night but phone wouldn’t stay on long enough to be found, should I try this again?

my other option is to visit ee repair store an see if they can do anything

James_B

Hi @gibby69,

Yes, I would try again if possible as this does sound like a software issue. Did the issue appear after a software update?

If it was a hardware issue, a repair may be uneconomical due to the age of the phone.

James

I use my phone as a work phone and hav a better one for personal use. I had taken a few pictures at a job I was pricing and when I went to use it a hour or so later that’s when it happened. There does appear to be a notice of a software update but I canny stay on long enough to see for sure.

I’ve never attempted the iTunes scenario until now but I don’t quite know where to look as I thought iTunes for jus for music? Not exactly tech savvy

James_B

Hi @gibby69,

Are you using a PC or Mac?

James

PC, laptop

Christopher_G

Hi @gibby69 

It seems the option @James_B mentioned is only available through Mac devices.

This Apple article explains how to reset an iPhone to factory settings using iTunes on a PC though. Hopefully that stops it from restarting all of the time, but it could mean losing any data that hasn't been backed up to the iCloud.
Chris

Hi James_B

well I had several attempts trying to update my phone, last night, and on my final attempt, as I was ready tae give up, it recognised my phone and updated, back to working again 👍 I’ll now take all data I need before it decides to do it again.

so thanks very much for all your help.

Eric.

Thanks Christopher, got it finally sorted last night