cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water Damage

Davidhchef123
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I am 90% sure what the answers to this will be but i have to ask.

So recently my iPhone 14 Pro Max had a display issue, i took it to apple (genuine Genius Bar Apple Store) and they replaced my screen/display.

afterwards i noticed while scrolling through settings it said non genuine part was used…

a few weeks later i dropped my phone into the bath (dog knocked it off the sink) and now all cameras are full of water, the phone began turning off intermittently, green lines showed up on the screen, and now its dead.  

I am only 1 year into my contract is there ANYTHING that i can do?  I do feel like when the screen was replaced it possibly hasn’t been sealed properly?

was swimming for hours at a time in the Maldives with my 13 Pro Max and not a single issue…

5 REPLIES 5
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Davidhchef123 

Thanks for coming here. 

Have you tried going back into the Apple store to see if they can help? 

Do you have any insurance on the iPhone? 

Leanne 🙂

Alex_M
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

If you don't have insurance, does your home or contents insurance cover it?

If I solved your issue, please click the solution button below!
 If you found my post useful, click the thumbs up button!
 To speak to EE, call 150 from your EE mobile or +44 800 079 8586 (freephone) or start a live chat.
Useful Links: My EE | Live Chat | Bills | Usage | Network Coverage Checker | Abroad | APN Settings | PM
Kirigaya_Kazuto
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Ouch, that sounds like they failed to apply the screen correctly! you could chat with Apple support and see if they'll do an express replacement for you, as they probably won't be able to fix that in store. they may replace it in store though

At least the Dynamic Island will see the ocean for a couple days though

I have an appointment booked at the store on Sunday so we will see

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Let us know how you get on @Davidhchef123 

Hope this gets sorted for you 🙂

Leanne.