cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading

Doonhamer1969
Explorer

Looking for advice folks.

I currently have an iPhone X and want to upgrade to the 14 Pro Max. I have checked online and other providers have significantly better deals than EE and yet neither in store nor the online upgrade teams seem interested in matching these deals simply arguing that EE provides better speeds. Customer loyalty carries no weight. Anyone else seriously disappointed with EE? Any suggestions other than moving provider?

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Doonhamer1969  Are these other networks that you’re looking at is where you purchased the device over 36 months and the tariff is 24 months ?   Or are they just full 36 month contracts.   

EEs contracts are all in at 24 months. 

No such thing as customer loyalty on a device that has a starting price of £1199.  EE aren’t going to cover any of that cost.  

Same contract length and I’m  not expecting EE to cover any costs, just looking to not be ripped off by them. Pretty obvious the best option is to take the other contract which I’m fine with. Just wondered if anyone had had a more positive experience or better customer care.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

This is not an uncommon complaint recently, however EE has never claimed to be the cheapest network - but they do have a particular pride in their network that is not always matched by other operators.

Make sure you trial an alternative network in the places you'll want to use your phone, to ensure their service is satisfactory for you.

AfterShxke
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

In all fairness, it is not EE's entire fault for late delivery. They can only give information when Apple provides a delivery of the devices. 

There are multiple people waiting for iPhone 14 Pro Max in various colours and capacities, and it is likely the other mobile networks will be having the same issues.

Best thing is just check with them to see how your order is going - dependent on your date of order, as well as your colour and capacity choice, you may not have to wait too long. 

Whilst Apple's production is lower following the recent news of reduced staff at the production factory in China, there is some motion in deliveries. 

Just be patient and its bound to arrive - but always check in with EE to check on updates (the order tracker won't give any update until EE passes your allocated device to DPD). 

alblue
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Might be worth calling them up. I managed to get my contract down by nearly £20 a month by adding a loyalty bonus. Still waiting on the phone but I'm very happy with that.