cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking an EE handset

STG82
Visitor

Hi, I have recently purchased a pre-used apple handset locked to EE. As this phone is second hand, will I be able to apply for a code to unlock seeing as I wasn’t the original owner? Thanks in advance.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@STG82   Are you sure it’s locked ? Have you checked in Settings > General > About . And looked at  network provider lock ? if it states no Sim restrictions, then the device is not locked.    

you can request a unlock HERE 

there is no code to give out to unlock an iPhone, it’s all server based and you just need to put in a network sim that supports the iPhone to unlock it. Don’t use a 3 sim as this sometimes have issues but once it’s done you can use a 3 sim. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@STG82   Are you sure it’s locked ? Have you checked in Settings > General > About . And looked at  network provider lock ? if it states no Sim restrictions, then the device is not locked.    

you can request a unlock HERE 

there is no code to give out to unlock an iPhone, it’s all server based and you just need to put in a network sim that supports the iPhone to unlock it. Don’t use a 3 sim as this sometimes have issues but once it’s done you can use a 3 sim.