cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultra 2 upgrade mobile data plan won’t connect

Scubapanda
Investigator
Investigator

My Ultra 2 was delivered on Friday I removed/yn paired my ultra from the watch app and started the pairing process at which point I received the following…

Oops. Something's not quite right.

It looks like you've selected 'Set up for Myself' which isn't compatible with the price plan you have bought.

To complete set-up with your current price plan, click 'Cancel', then re-pair your Apple Watch and select 'Set up for a Family Member'

I also tried the other way it won’t let me ad it says it’s supposed to be for someone else so can’t use same Apple id as it’s mine!

I’ve spent hours on the phone to Technical Support from Friday through most of Saturday! It’s an absolute joke in pair and repair, restart turn on and off! I’m going to take my Business account elsewhere as I now have a watch that doesn’t work as it should and am paying a tariff for nothing! We have 7 lines with them and a ridiculous bill each month and yet when the proverbial hits the fan no one can help

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Scubapanda   Who is the watch for ?  And what tariff did you choose when you ordered the watch ?  It sounds like you ordered a family member tariff for the watch. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Scubapanda   Who is the watch for ?  And what tariff did you choose when you ordered the watch ?  It sounds like you ordered a family member tariff for the watch. 

Hi  @Chris_B The watch is for myself and the customer service agent said they would give me existing tariffs with the upgrade I’ve checked the tariffs and it says stand alone watch plan £38 per month plus vat

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Scubapanda

Thanks for coming here. 

What was advised following your last conversation to our technical care team?

Katie

Hi @Katie_B  they advised me to remove, repair and wait 48hrs and try again which I have done and surprise surprise still same message:( I’m sure this is not an Apple or watch/phone problem but an EE problem!

Leanne_T

Hi @Scubapanda 

Thanks for trying this. 

Please get back in touch with our technical support team, they will get this looked into further for you. 

Leanne. 

Hi @Leanne_T  but I feel this is a complete waist of my time as it’s the same thing over and over!  It’s so frustrating that no one actually has the answer I feel I have no option but to take my business elsewhere as EE is not fit for purpose it’s now day 4 and still no connection and no further forward

Leanne_T

Hi @Scubapanda 

I understand, our technical support team are the best people to get this looked into and can run troubleshooting to see what is causing this for you. 

Leanne.

Scubapanda
Investigator
Investigator

After finally being put through to a level 2 tec it turns out that whoever processed the upgrade chose a family plan!!!! This issue was sorted by level 2 in under 5 mins and required no pairing/unpairing or any of the other stuff and time wasted by level 1! For the love of god please put people through to level 2 immediately when level 1 solution doesn’t work! I would have saved so much stress and more importantly time!

Leanne_T

Thanks for coming back to us and letting us know and for the feedback @Scubapanda 

I am sorry this has taken time to get sorted, and I am glad to hear this is resolved for you. 

Leanne.