cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer esim to new iphone - How?

M1ck1
Contributor
Contributor

Please could someone point me to the instructions for how to transfer an esim from an iPhone to a new iphone. 

Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8
Scottishlad79
Investigator
Investigator

believe you either need the original barcode from he esim your using or a new one, the store told me I had to move to physical sim first and then toe sim as the system does not support sim to sim, not sure how true that is but visit to store should sort you

Thanks yes seems to be a lot of conflicting information going around!

Hopefully someone can share the official instructions.  

marc00s
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@M1ck1 @I’ve been through this enough to be able to answer. What you need to do is request a replacement esim from customer services. If you have an active esim on an old phone that will likely stop working the day that your new one is sent out. In the pack is a qr code. You’ll need to scan that to activate the number on a new phone.

the really important bit to note is that if you get the esim and your number is still working on the old phone you will need to do a sim swap first. The qr codes are single use only so if it doesn’t work for any reason you’ll end up having to request another one which adds a day to the process or go to the store. 

happy to help when you have it though if needed

Thank you. New esim on order hopefully I won’t have to do the swap part. if I do I’ll be back for advice how to do it 😃

marc00s
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

If they’ve done it the same way that they did for me the other day it should just be a case of scanning it in the set up menu on the phone. Do let me know though if you need help

Thought that going to an EE shop would be the way to get this done quickly and efficiently, but my local EE shop cannot currently scan customer IDs so cannot do anything about issuing SIMs (eSIM or physical) at the moment.  They are told it might be fixed tomorrow, but might not.  So looks like I'll need to request the pack as well which means I'll be without a phone connection completely for a period, which is not great these days.  So frustrating that EE could not use the standard Apple migration process...

Thought things may have improved since EE started esim two+ years ago but clearly not!

Struggling to understand why for a supposedly touch less solution we have to reply on snail mail or go into a shop - so it’s actually a disadvantage using an esim 😮 
if I didn’t need to use two sims in my phone I would switch back to a actual SIM card. 

come on EE get the Apple solution/ process working 
Transfer a eSIM from your previous iPhone to eSIM on your new iPhone 

EE stores still telling me today that their ID validation systems are down so they cannot issue new physical SIMs or eSIMs in any of their stores today.  So waiting for a paper barcode to arrive in the post.  What a fine use of technology.  It's not as if they could have anticipated that this might be a busy weekend...