cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping phone to a different account

lbailey26
Visitor

Hi my ex boyfriend has my phone on his account and I send him the money for it I want to have the phone swapped to my account how would I go about doing this .

2 REPLIES 2
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @lbailey26 ,

If the mobile is still attached to a contract within its minimum term period, that contract should be transferred to yourself per the below link.

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/managing-and-using-my-account/change-my-account/how-do-i-change-my-ac...

If the contract the device belongs to has finished the minimum term period, the best play is to get it unlocked for all networks and it can just be given to you as the account holder is the owner at that point.

You may want to have your contract SIM transferred into your own name if it isn't already, or you could port your number out to another service provider to a contract SIM under your control.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@lbailey26  Your ex will have to call customer services to request a change of ownership if you are not with him they will give him a code he’ll have to give that code to you so when you call you can give that code. You will then have to pass a credit check before it’ll be passed over to you on your own account.