cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase date and location

bect
Visitor

Help pls!

My son took his iPhone 11 in the sea accidentally and it is now dead! Many fixes have tried and failed. The insurance company want proof of purchase and we have no idea when or where we got it as various family members have had a few iPhones since then. It’s more than 18 mo the ago I think. The phone won’t turn on at all and can’t do anything with it. Have got the IMEI number off the sim tray. Is there any way to work out when it was purchased and where from - at least then I can start trawling through bank and credit card statements. Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

Did you purchase it from EE? It doesn't matter exactly where you purchased it.

If you purchased from EE then give them a call and ask for a proof of purchase be sent to you. They should be able to supply this.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @bect ,

Welcome to the community,

Did you leave it to dry out and then put it on charge? I had a Nokia or Windows Lumia, which fell in the bath and got it going, but then I suppose it depends how long it was in the sea for. Only you can know the details where and when you bought it.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.