cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture messages being charged while on wifi

Pezza76
Explorer

Hi 

can anyone tell me why I’m being charged to send photos in iMessage when I’m on Wi-Fi (I have an unlimited day plan too) I have asked when upgrading my phone to the 14 and they said they just are…I also asked in an ee shop last weekend and they said they are personally charged too, but my boss and everyone he knows don’t get charged. 
I have read in multiple places online that they should be free in iMessage if you have internet access (I have iMessage toggled on in settings) and the recipients are also using iMessage. 
I have read that the quality is better so I want to be able to do this but the last lot cost me 50p each!! 😤 very frustrating! 

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

What colour is the bubble?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Blue 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Pezza76,

You won't have been charged for a blue bubble in iMessage. If iMessage sends the message as an SMS/MMS, the bubble will be green.

What was the 50p charge listed as on your bill?

James