cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old iPhone 4S that needs unlocking from Virgin Media (pre-Vodafone move)

nyaoran_ji
Visitor

Hello,

I've got an old iPhone 4S lying around that is tethered to the EE/BT network (more specifically, Virgin Media prior to them using the Vodafone network, so I presume EE/BT would be the network it would ask for)...

It was owned by my mum for some years, then I had it for a while, then it was put away for a while and then given back to me fairly recently... however I can't really do much with it as it seems like Apple prevents access to the Wi-Fi option if there's not been an activated SIM card in the device for a long time (and I can't reset the device proper either as it's tied to an iCloud profile that no longer exists).

Given the age of the device and the fact I don't have any of the necessary information on hand like 'where it was bought from' or 'the original SIM card that the phone presumably came with', would an unlock request even be possible anymore?

Thanks for any help.

1 REPLY 1
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@nyaoran_ji  You ask virgin mobile to unlock it.  EE will no knowledge of these device even when virgin mobile used EE for their network.