cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking old iPhone

Louisevina
Investigator
Investigator

Hi I’ve recently got a new phone but was wondering if my old phone can be unlocked if that’s possible thank you 

6 REPLIES 6
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Louisevina 

Thanks for coming here. 

If you text UNLOCK to 150 from the iPhone, is the device showing as locked to EE?

Please see our Unlock an EE device to use with another network, Help page for full details 🙂

Leanne.

Hi it’s not my EE SIM card in there, I’ve got mine in my new phone. When I put a new sim in the other to start the phone up it won’t let me as it comes up saying the device is locked. I’m unsure what to do because I’ve restarted the phone and can’t get on the Home Screen until it backs up from the new sim.

Sent from Outlook for iOS<>
Leanne_T

Hi @Louisevina 

You can request the device to be unlocked using the Device unlock (ee.co.uk) online form. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

@Louisevina   When you start the device select setup from new do not click restore from backup.     You can put your old sim in the device then text UNLOCK to 150.     The device doesn’t restore from a SIM card it restores from your backup and you don’t need to do that.    

If your giving this device away you also need to remove it from your apple account and you can do that via your new device by going to settings/click your name at the top and scroll down to that device and click it then click remove from account. 

Louisevina
Investigator
Investigator

Hi it won’t let me on the homescreen to unlock the phone as I’ve put a new sim in and it just says device locked and to contact EE? Is there anyway use can unlock it from your side thank you 

Leanne_T

Hi @Louisevina 

You can request the device to be unlocked using the Device unlock (ee.co.uk) online form, or please call us on 150. 

Leanne.