cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Apple Watches

BigginAndy
Explorer

I can't find a clear answer to this.

I have an iWatch with cellular linked to my data plan and have ordered a new watch. I know I can have more than one watch linked to my phone and the watch app will check which one I am wearing but what happens with the data plan if I am out of range from my phone. Will whichever watch I am wearing take or make calls.

I know I cannot have both watches working with cellular data at the same time.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have now changed to new watch and it is really easy. I just installed the new watch as usual and and the installation software recognised an existing watch and asked to either add or replace. I selected add and was then asked of I wanted to end cellular on the old watch. I answered yes and the software asked me to phone 150. EE tech immediately answered and asked for a code from the watch screen, did his magic and said my new watch would work with cellular inside 4 hours. It actually worked inside 10 minutes.

Whichever watch I put on automatically connects to my phone. Only the new one works stand alone of course.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@BigginAndy   You can only have the tariff on one watch,  so even if you where to wear the one with the tariff on it on day and the next day wear the other watch the first watch will still have the cellular tariff on it as that’s the device that has the tariff applied to it,     If you want a 2nd watch with a tariff you’ll have to take a contract for that Watch.    

or 

You can swap the tariff over from one Watch to the other but the hassle in doing this just isn’t worth it especially if you encounter an issue in changing it from one to the other. 

I have now changed to new watch and it is really easy. I just installed the new watch as usual and and the installation software recognised an existing watch and asked to either add or replace. I selected add and was then asked of I wanted to end cellular on the old watch. I answered yes and the software asked me to phone 150. EE tech immediately answered and asked for a code from the watch screen, did his magic and said my new watch would work with cellular inside 4 hours. It actually worked inside 10 minutes.

Whichever watch I put on automatically connects to my phone. Only the new one works stand alone of course.