cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data problems on iphone

capott
Investigator
Investigator

Mobile data went down, message I had to update via my Mac, spent hours doing this and it failed at the last. Then started working again. Then stopped working again. Tried to update again, again failed. Works again, then stops working, rendering phone unusable. Advice?

11 REPLIES 11
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @capott.

Is your phone currently on the latest software?

Is mobile data switched on and do you have a signal on the phone?

Jon

capott
Investigator
Investigator

Yes, updated to 16.0.2, done hard reset, nothing cures. Last night it came back momentarily only to disappear again. I have wifi working on the phone but no signal at all (the bars undulate continuously)

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks @capott.

What were you asked to update?

Do you have data left?

Jon

Hi Jon, yes I have spare data, emptied a lot out yesterday as it was quite full. And yes I was asked to update, first to 15. something and then to 16.0.2, neither made any difference.Bit gloomy, feel like it's a hardware issue and I'm not under warranty

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Sorry @capott I mean mobile data not data storage.

Can you check in your My EE Account to see if you have mobile data remaining?

Jon

Sorry, should have understood. Yes, I have masses remaining on my account. 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @capott.

Are you with anyone else who's on EE and having problems with their mobile data? Could you check to see if there are any maintenance works in your area?

If you think it's a hardware problem it may be worth speaking to our technical support team to run through your options.

Chris

Ghostdog2525
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Maybe try to order new Sim card 🙂

Hi Chris, My husband has the identical phone with EE, no problems. I'm going to see an Apple Genius tomorrow morning, but I ran through quite a lot yesterday with technical support online when I had to give up for time constraints. Thanks for the suggestions anyway, Carolyn