cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 15 (US Bought) no simcard option.

avsantos21
Investigator
Investigator

Hey, 

I currently reside in the US but travel to UK very often. I bought the new iphone 15 but it does not have a place to insert my EE simcard. Is there a way to go about this? maybe convert my current EE sim card into an E-Sim? 

Thanks for the help!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

You can't insert a SIM into a US iPhone 15. There's no slot.

Are you a Pay monthly or PAYG customer? 

If you are pay monthly, you can convert your SIM to eSIM but you will need to put your SIM into another phone so you can get a a text message. If you don't have another phone, you'll have to go to an EE Store with ID or call EE and wait for a QR code to ship out.

If you are PAYG, then EE do not support eSIM. (yet)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

You can't insert a SIM into a US iPhone 15. There's no slot.

Are you a Pay monthly or PAYG customer? 

If you are pay monthly, you can convert your SIM to eSIM but you will need to put your SIM into another phone so you can get a a text message. If you don't have another phone, you'll have to go to an EE Store with ID or call EE and wait for a QR code to ship out.

If you are PAYG, then EE do not support eSIM. (yet)

I'm on the prepaid so I'm gussing its a PAYG. So the only solution I have as of now is to get a second phone that accommodates a sim card? Do you have any workarounds in mind? Wouldn't want to waste money on a second phone while waiting for the payg option to be available. Thanks! 

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

If you want to use your iPhone you'll have to move to another operator. EE have not said if or when they might get round to allowing eSIM on PAYG.

I appreciate you!! Super helpful and knowledgable!

Hello,

If you make sure your payg sim is registered on your myee account online, you’ll be able to order a new sim online for delivery via post and you can select eSIM even if on payg. EE say no to for payg and won’t send it if you call/request it in store but you can order an eSIM in the website if logged into myee as long as the number is registered with your myee account. This will be your workaround. Enjoy you iPhone 15…I wish I had a sim slotless version.