cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot connect my i-phone 11 to wi-fi

Sheska
Visitor

I have just arrived in Egypt and instantly my phone has stopped working - as in it will not connect to wi-fi or find a phone signal. Hence FaceTime, messenger etc all will not work. Every time i get it to connect to wifi it instantly unconnects. I have reset the phone, turned Airplane mode on and off, played around with mobile data settings etc etc. 

I had the same issue last year when I went to Portugal. I managed to borrow a mates phone and rang customer services up. They talked me through a process that basically removed the something that EE has set up!

anyone got any ideas how to resolve this?

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Sheska  Connection to Wi-Fi has nothing to do with EE or your account with EE it’s a device feature that you enable yourself.  

Your cellular signal is related to your EE account and you need to make sure roaming has been enabled on your account. 

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Sheska ,

Have you tried connecting to a private WiFi access point such as at a hotel where you are certain you have the right WiFi password?

Can other people you are with connect to the same WiFi access point but you cannot using the same password?

Typically a device immediately disconnecting means it finds no route to the internet so disconnects to allow another access point to be tried. Some phones present an option to stay connected anyway.

Are you with anyone who does have internet access on a mobile and can setup a WiFi hotspot for you to test?

If you are certain the EE SIM is involved with your problems, you can simply remove the SIM from the handset and WiFi should still work as normal. You can try with airplane mode both in and off. I would recommend mobile data off if you are testing WiFi.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net