cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

`unable to determine if your iphone camera is genuine???!!!

PaulEE1970
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone any idea why my new iphone 13 pro max would suddenly do this, only had it a month, no drops, straight into a rhinoshield protective case and tempered glass cover etcetc.

Really hacked off about this!!!! 

34 REPLIES 34
PaulEE1970
Contributor
Contributor

This is what came up on my phone yesterday morning first thing when I went to open the camera. It also wont switch into 0.5 / 1 / 3 or scroll to 15x zoom. It will only do 1/2/3 up to 5. sorry not sure why the images wont show up 😞 

This was the warningThis was the warningwarning.jpg

They were waiting to be approved, which they have now been.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi @PaulEE1970 ,

If you purchased this from a reputable retailer, I would highly recommend to return the device as faulty and to retain all evidence in a safe place. You may wish to review all insurance, guarantees, and warranties which apply to see which is the best way to resolve this.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @PaulEE1970.

Welcome to the community.

Where did you get the phone?

Have you ever had it replaced?

Jon

I bought it direct from ee. Brand new and never had it replaced. 

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I'd suggest contacting Apple and see what they can do. They can likely find a fault and replace it quicker than dealing with EE. They can run diagnostics remotely and hopefully find an issue.

@PaulEE1970  How long have you owned this device for.  Your warranty for that device is via Apple and you can contact them yourself directly it you can go through EE, going directly is quicker.  You’ll need to book an appointment at an apple store or online via post.   What iOS version is on the device ?  

You only see that message when a none apple camera is fitted. 

Have you tried switching between the back and front cameras a few times ? Have you restarted the device? 

@mikeliuk  I’m assuming you put that because of what I put.   Obviously you didn’t read what I put as I did say they can go through EE.   EE will only go through to Apple and you can do this yourself as the warranty is honoured by Apple, in doing this it’s much quicker as you can pass the middle man so to speak.      Obviously your not aware of what you can actually do yourself when the manufacture of a device honours the warranty.