cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone successfully sold Apple Watch celluar

Thill1507
Explorer

Hi I’m looking to sell my Apple Watch it has 8 months left to pay but just got a new one so looking to use that and sell the 6. But reading conflicting information online about not being able to as still paying the data plan off 

5 REPLIES 5
Schockwave
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Hello @Thill1507 ,

Welcome to the community,

I would suggest you speak to customer service, as you would need to pay the rest of it off before selling it. They are the ones, who can tell you what to do, otherwise you cannot sell it until you have paid it off. I presume you got the watch from EE on a 24 monthly plan, which does need to be paid off, so they can let you know how much you have left to pay.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Thill1507

Welcome to the community. 🙂

As long as you've had the device for 6 months or more, you are free to sell it if you wish to. However, as @Schockwave said, you still have to pay for the contract either monthly, as agreed, or buy out of it and pay off the remainder in one go.

Chris

@Christopher_G my plan was to pay off my 8 months left monthly. 

Am I right in thinking the buyer could add their own data plan to the Watch if they wish as long as I have unpaired. Removed data plan from Watch etc. 

@Thill1507 , I see no reason why not, just make sure that both the phone and watch are connected via cellular, switch off wifi on both, that should work.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Yes, they can @Thill1507. 🙂

As long as they have a compatible device and a pay monthly contract.

Chris