Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESIM transfer from iPhone 12 to 13 not working

Kirigaya_Kazuto
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

It’s nice to see the in app eSIM download does not work 

AF94431E-6CFA-4489-89FD-41DBB1A63A0D.png

ee want me to go in store to get a pack or request one….. 

13 REPLIES 13
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kirigaya_Kazuto

I am sorry to hear this. 

Have you spoken to our Mobile Care team? 

Thanks. 

Leanne.

DrBell18
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi @Kirigaya_Kazuto,

Firstly, love Kirito! Secondly, have you tried logging into your EE account from a desktop browser (computer), going to "Account Settings" in the left-pane and ordering a new digital eSIM? This will provide you with the latest replacement;

CleanShot 2021-09-25 at 16.38.23@2x.png

Please try that and if it doesn't work, contact EE Customer Care on 150 from your mobile or 0800 956 6000 if you can't reach your own phone at the moment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512GB - Pacific Blue
Forensic Cybersecurity MSc
marc00s
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Kirigaya_Kazuto I also use esim and was amazed to discover that you can actually download a new esim through the my ee app via menu > settings > device & sim > select your number from the list > replacement sim > esim instant download.

worked a treat and worked almost straight away.

uvarvu
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It would be better if EE allowed E-SIMS to be restored via iCloud backups though which Apple allows but EE does not.   Presumably they tried to justify their reasoning with some pseudo security issue when in reality it’s because they can’t make any money via their app…

Yes, you can do that....BUT it doesn't activate.... it never did, I left it 6 hours, went on to my EE account and it needed activating by sending a PIN to my old eSIM (which I had wiped and sent back my trade in back to Apple

@marc00s Keep your current SIM handy

We need to text you a PIN to complete your eSIM activation

Timeline:

Ordered a transfer off EE
Pin sent to old phone
Typed in PIN code that was sent to my old phone into my new one
Old eSIM deactivated from old phone (I though, "job done" and proceeded to wipe the phone)

Left new phone for 6 hours, still no service

Called EE and they said people were having issues with it online provisioning and to get an eSIM pack, so waiting on that arriving now. Issue is, I have no service at the minute.

Yes, I could take my passport to an EE shop, but this SHOULD BE WORKING

P.S, Thank you for the compliment on my username, I love SAO

F787D73C-79D1-4DBA-BAD7-612492D8DF13.png

B1E30F43-1E76-4712-A981-A8A9BBC197CE.png

I get it needs a PIN for security, but I was already logged in to the myEE app

viktorostapenko
Investigator
Investigator

This process is terrible. Why eSim needs another Sim to be activated? What if the old Sim is already deactivated but the new eSim failed to activate? Like in my case. 

Why send SMS codes? Why not allow this to be activated within EE mobile app? I'm authenticated in the app, aren't I?

@viktorostapenko  prove it’s you who’s logged in to your account.    If your account got hacked and your number migrated to a different eSim would you be happy because you didn’t receive a text to confirm that request to move your number.   It’s keeping your number secure. 

OTP code generator would help with security concerns