cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charger port on Apple phone not working

VT7
Visitor

Hi

ive had my iPhone 14 around three months. the connection between the charger cable and port is not consistently charging. I’ve tried different cables as I thought it could be an issue with the cable but it seems to be an issue with the actual port. Does anyone have any advice how I can fix this. I don’t have EE insurance. 

many thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
FreespiritMike
Visitor

Purchase a new charging port online, take the phone apart and fit it. OtherwiseTake your phone to a trusted phone shop for repairs

XboxGamer1987
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Hello @VT7 

You could look and see if the port is dirty or has lint in it.   Take care by cleaning it if it has dirt in it.

You could take the phone to the Apple Shop if still under warranty and see if they can help or go to any EE Shop and get it sent off for repair. 

Have a look at this link - EE Repairs 

@FreespiritMike     Really that’s your answer to a phone that’s only 3 months old.     Don’t think you should be advising anyone to do anything.  

@VT7      Turn the device off and very carefully using a pin clean out the port,  chances are there is something in there that’s causing this issue.      Make sure the device is off first this is very important.      

@FreespiritMike wrote:

Purchase a new charging port online, take the phone apart and fit it.

For a device that's under warranty, to call this bad advice is being generous!