cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of ownership of new Apple Watch

Cat140472
Visitor

I want to change the ownership of a new Apple Watch to my husband who already has a EE account 

2 REPLIES 2
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Cat140472 ,

The guidance at the below link should cover this requirement. (This is assuming there is a contract of some sort attached to the watch, otherwise it could be a lot simpler.)

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/managing-and-using-my-account/change-my-account/how-do-i-change-my-ac...

Transfer to a friend, colleague or family member

To change the account holder name on your mobile account and transfer it to a new owner, give us a call when both you and the new account holder are together.

To transfer the account:
  1.  call 150 from your EE phone
  2.  call 07973 100 150 from any phone
Things to remember:
  1.  the number must have been active on our network for three months
  2.  there must be no outstanding balance
  3.  the new account holder should have their credit or debit card ready for a credit check (if they don’t already have an EE account)
  4.  if you have a multi-plan discount on the line it will be removed
-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

@Cat140472  Your not changing the account holders name ! do you want your husband to take over your EE phone account because that’s what @mikeliuk  is telling you.  

You need to request to just a change of ownership of the watch and have that moved to your husband account. He will then continue with the same watch contract but on his account and he’ll be billed for it.   

It’s not a change of account holder do not request a change of account holder.