cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TNT Sport Ultimate dark

Dave415
Explorer

Ever since BT Sport changed to TNT Sports, the Ultimate channel has been super dark and unwatchable. This has meant I’ve had to watch content on TNT Sports 1 instead, despite paying for the 4k package. I’ve played around with TV settings but hasn't helped at all. It’s definitely a fault with the channel as I have no other issues watching any other content on other channels or apps. 
Before the change to TNT Sports, the picture, colour and brightness of BT Sports Ultimate was brilliant. TNT Sports Ultimate is literally now unwatchable on my TV. Any recommendations?

4 REPLIES 4
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dave415 

Welcome to the community.

I've tested this on a few of my devices and they all seem to have a nice bright picture. Is this happening on more than one of your devices? 

Chris

stemonkey
Visitor

I have the same issue when watching Ultimate, and it’s caused by the TNT Sports logo.

Because the logo is solid white, it’s the brightest element on the screen, which means the HDR algorithms in the TV have to reduce the brightness of the rest of the screen, in order to create the HDR effect.

If you’re able to, have a watch of Sky Sports UHD, and you’ll see the difference, because the Sky Sports logo, while white, is translucent, so it doesn’t dominate the screen.

Honestly, it’s amateurish from TNT Sports, it’s such a basic problem and so easy to fix.

As I said, my tv works perfectly fine on any other channel or any other app. It is literally only TNT Sports Ultimate where I have this issue. I don't have any other 4k devices so thats wouldn't help

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dave415 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Does the same happen on a mobile device if you are able to try this? 

Leanne 🙂