cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add a smart watch plan to my account

ewbie74
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot add a smart watch plan to my account. I get error 012 which I believe is related to having a previous Apple contract under the same email address.

Support unable to fix it since Monday. Any other ideas before I cancel my contract and move to Vodafone

10 REPLIES 10
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@ewbie74 , have you spoken to customer service? They will be able to take a look for you. Have you had an Apple Watch previously on the account? 

If you spoke to customer service, who did you speak to, rather which department?

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Yes, I have spoken to numerous departments and the last time I got referred to 150 and they seemed to know what needed to happen but no contact or updates since Monday. 

I can't believe that you don't even get an update saying we are still working on this. Its the worst support from a company I have had. I have to keep chasing them for an update, which is just wait. Complete joke.

@ewbie74 , is this your first Apple Watch and are you wanting to have it with its own data, or just run it on bluetooth?

You could always ring Apple customer service, they may be able to help, or just ring customer service again.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Not my first and yes I want it to have its own plan. I have rung them again and they just say its been looked at and I have to wait between 3- 5 working days which is there SLA apparently. Which they didn't tell me, the 5 working days runs out Monday at 11am. 

I have zero confidence they can fix it or will even call me back. 

@ewbie74 ,Can you make sure that your previous watch has been removed first and then try adding it again, once you have rebooted your phone, also make sure that both the watch and phone are not connected to wifi.

@Chris_B anything else you can advise with the problem here?

The old accounts were completely removed and inactive for a couple of years. There is no reference to them anymore.

@ewbie74 ,  @Chris_B ' might have the answer for you, or as I have suggested ring Apple or customer service.

@ewbie74   Have a read of THIS and request to be put through to technical support level 3.   This sounds like an account recognition issue.