cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t use Wi-Fi calling?

Danny31811
Investigator
Investigator

I’ve got virgin fibre broadband and can’t make Wi-Fi calls? I’ve got an iPhone XR that’s up to date and got Wi-Fi calling on but can’t make Wi-Fi calls! Any ideas?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi have tried airplane mode and activated Wi-Fi and still no Wi-Fi calls! Just a bit stumped? Virgin team tells me no problem there end and phone is up to date, not just me either it’s all the family?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Danny31811   Does your device also show its got a cellular connection?   Have you tried just putting your device in to airplane mode and re-enable Wi-Fi and see if it works ?      When Wi-Fi calling is enabled on the device and you swipe down to open the control centre you should see that you are connected to Wi-Fi calling.    

Hi have tried airplane mode and activated Wi-Fi and still no Wi-Fi calls! Just a bit stumped? Virgin team tells me no problem there end and phone is up to date, not just me either it’s all the family?

Switched off the private Wi-Fi address button and Wi-Fi calling came on straight away 

How do I do that?

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Kymbo79

Are you trying to activate WiFi Calling?

If yes, what phone are you using?

Katie

I recently moved from BT to Vodafone for my broadband and every since, I
can’t use Wi-Fi calling at home or connect to games- only browse. I’ve an
iPhone XR that’s up to date.--
xxx xxxxxx

[Mod edit: Please do not post personal information on the public board. Thanks!]

Katie_B

Thanks for confirming @Kymbo79

Have you got WiFi enabled in your settings on your iPhone XR?

Katie

Yeah 

Christopher_G

OK, thanks @Kymbo79 

I'd recommend speaking to our Mobile Care team so they can check it for you.

Chris