cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t HD call from iPhone 12 Pro

mihanley
Investigator
Investigator

Is anyone else having trouble making an HD call from their iPhone 12 Pro?

I have turned off my Wi-fi and tried on 5g Auto mode and 4g mode and on both times the call is going through as non HD.

I have a BT digital voice landline so I get notifications when a call is in HD and when I use my iPhone to test with my landline, it just doesn’t work. When I speak to friends from my iPhone they remark on how poor the call quality is, but if I call them from my landline I can see the call quality is HD. It doesn’t make any sense.

Before returning to Apple, I used an android phone which was able to HD call with no issue - think this was VoLTE. In 4g mode on my iPhone, I don’t see VoLTE appear anywhere and there’s no settings to adjust it - I read that LTE was standard in 5g compliance but voice calling doesn’t seem to be HD quality in my 5g calls, and I’m wondering if there’s a problem somewhere?

I am currently setup on an eSIM but I remember having the same trouble with a regular SIM - just couldn’t get HD calling to work.

14 REPLIES 14

Hi @BotijoMNF

Thanks for coming to the community about this. 

Does HD call work unless you start using your phones data while on the call? 

Thanks.

Chris.

Hi,

I don’t think it does, there’s no switch on the EE line options and it switches to 3G while on call. Sometimes it stays on 4G but rarely.

@BotijoMNF Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Your phone should automatically stay on 4G for your calls. However it may change this if for any reason the 4G connection is interrupted. This is normal and ensures that your call stays connected.

You can find out more about this on our How Do I Use 4G Calling page.

Thanks.

Chris.

Kirigaya_Kazuto
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I have the same issue as of recently, I got a replacement iPhone through Apple and it drops to 3G when on a call, I have no VoLTE option in my mobile data settings 

I have tried re-downloading an esim to reprovision it, but that got me nowhere sadly 

IMG_0122.png

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kirigaya_Kazuto,

Please get in touch with Technical Support so a member of the team can take a look at this issue for you.

They'll be happy to help. 🙂

James