Wendy8299
Explorer

Can I add an I pad onto my EE account and use my mobile data

9 REPLIES 9
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, if it has an EE SIM & a mobile no.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Wendy8299  If you take out an iPad on contract it will have its own allowance for data.   If you purchase a Wi-Fi only iPad you can tether your iPad to your iPhone and use your iPhone data allowance but you’ll not get a Wi-Fi only iPad from EE they don’t sell them you’ll need to get it from elsewhere like Apple/Argos etc etc 

Wendy8299
Explorer

Can I add an apple I pad to my mobile phone account and use my data allowance?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Wendy8299

Thanks for coming here. 

Please see the answer to your question in this post. 

If you need any further help, please let us know. 

Leanne.

dannys2
Investigator
Investigator

Hi all,

I have a question in a similar vein. I have an iPad Pro cellular on order, but I already have a data plan shared on EE between my iPhone and Apple Watch. Am I able to simply add the iPad to that existing data plan and have all three devices working from the same data?

I definitely do not want separate plans/numbers for each individual device.

Many thanks,

Danny

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @dannys2.

Your iPad will have it's own allowances.

If both your phone and iPad are on the same account, you'll be able to gift data to the iPad.

Jon

@dannys2  You watch has its own data allowance if it’s on contract.  Only your calls/texts can be used on the watch.  you can not even gift data to the watch from your iPhone tariff.   Any device you have on your account will have its own data allowance as part of that contract.  You cannot share a tariff allowance with a separate device as such.  You can gift data to the device if it’s allowed.  

Thank you Jon.

Thanks Chris.