cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Apple Watch calls to an iPhone on the same account included in plan?

Orcim
Investigator
Investigator

Hi

My daughter has a Cellular Apple Watch and iPhone included with our family plan (that includes my wife and I’s iPhones and Cellular Apple Watches) that I administer.

Can she make calls solely using her Apple Watch to my wife, for example, when she forgets her phone, and will those minutes be included in plan?

Thanks in advance. 

13 REPLIES 13
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Orcim 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Where did you purchase the watch?

Was this as an additional EE contract or from a third party? 

Leanne 🙂

Hi

The watch was a separate purchase.
Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Orcim   Does your daughter have an iPhone? And is that Watch paired to the iPhone? If it is then the calls and text allowance will come from the allowance that the iPhone has.   The watch only has its own data allowance. 

She does, it is and that’s exactly what I thought.  But over three different months now we’ve been charged extra for my daughter to call her mother from her watch when she’s forgotten her phone.  In each instance the bill item says “call to other network “ despite it being an EE number and on the same darn account.

I have contacted EE support through chat on each occasion and wasted hours with them.  Today I started at 10:50am and I’m still awaiting resolution now!

After a struggle and them suggesting the watch has no minutes and thus why I’m getting charged, I have to date got a refund, but still no resolution to the root cause of the problem.

I’m utterly flabbergasted at the amount of grief this has caused.

Chat has now got to the point of giving me a refund and some compensation for my trouble, but actually they appear to have made some workaround to add barring to each of our watches so further charges can’t be applied.  That’s a fix, not a solution!

James_B

Hi @Orcim 

Is the watch plan listed as a personal paired plan or a family member plan?

James

I don’t see anywhere where it says either of those terms. 

Christopher_G

It should be under the plan information on the monthly bill or in your My EE account, @Orcim 

Chris

Under the “Plan Type” column on the bill it says “Paired Watch 12m £5”, does that help?