cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia 1 V Poor Performance

Profile closed
Not applicable

I added an additional line to my account with the Xperia 1 V. So disappointed with performance - so many issues compared to my iPhone 15 Pro Max. 

I have 500mb internet, which my iPhone matches in speed tests. The Xperia maxes out at around 150mb over WiFi but often drops to 10mb. 

I’ve had major issues with WiFi calling on the Xperia as well - call drops and distortion. The iPhone works perfectly. Xperia up to date and I’ve tried numerous factory resets. I’ve tested the phone in the same locations as the iPhone and cannot believe the difference in performance. Awful for a phone worth £1,299. In the process of returning the phone but wanted to see if anyone else had had similar issues. Is this issue because the handset is sold by EE?

I would keep the phone if these issues weren’t present. Bear in mind this is my second identical handset from EE - so unlikely both handsets are faulty. 

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed        You’ve got a Sony phone and you think your issue because it was sold by EE to you. 

Profile closed
Not applicable

I’ve tried the phone with a Three SIM and it works flawlessly, so wondering if there’s an issue between the EE SIM and handset… or something along those lines. Even in areas with good cellular coverage, internet was slow.  I am baffled, however, to have experienced exactly the same issues on two handsets when used on the EE network. 

@Profile closed wrote:

wondering if there’s an issue between the EE SIM and handset… or something along those lines. Even in areas with good cellular coverage, internet was slow.  I am baffled, however, to have experienced exactly the same issues on two handsets when used on the EE network. 

Appreciate the OP has closed their forum account and may not see this, but for the wider benefit..

Data speed is dictated not by the quality of the received signal (the on-screen "bars") but far more by the amount of spectrum available - in other words, capacity.

Android phones have various apps available that, with a little understanding of the radio side, will identify which 4G/5G carriers are in use and thus the amount of spectrum available.