Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppleTV+ Activation ‘Cannot Connect’

Chris967092
Investigator
Investigator

Hello.

I’ve recently upgraded and have tried to activate many times..

I go through the log in and try to activate and just get ‘Cannot Connect’ screen.

has anyone got a solution for this.

I’ve tried on Wi-Fi and mobile network and both are connected with no issues accessing anything else.

thanks

509EB169-FB56-49E0-AA77-657460E17DBB.jpeg

9 REPLIES 9
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chris967092  Is this for Apples 3 month free trial or is part of your tariff ie a smart benefit? 

Hello .

It’s the smart benefit.

thanks

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Chris967092

Have you activated the Smart Benefit in your My EE account and followed the link we sent in a text message?

Chris

Hello

I’ve tried via a link sent in a text and the Apple TV app..

I get the same screen flash up

chris

James_B

Hi @Chris967092,

Please get in touch with Customer Care so a member of the team can check the Smart Benefit is correctly setup on your account.

They'll be happy to help. 🙂

James

AH168
Explorer

Hi,

Im having the same issue. Was this ever resolved? I’ve tried activating both on and off wifi, updated IOS, tried both when logged in and out of my Apple ID on the apple tv app, and even changed my phone plan and still has not worked.
Texting TVPLUS on 150 says the exclusive offer is active but the link takes me to the same error page. I spoke to apple support as well and they couldn’t offer much advice either.

Leanne_T

Hi @AH168 

Thanks for posting. 

Do you have Apple TV+ showing in your EE app within add-ons? 

Is this the free 6 months offer? 

Leanne 🙂

Hi Leanne,On the EE app it’s showing that it’s added as part of my exclusive offer for my contract. When I text TVPLUS to 150 I also get a reply saying it is already added. 
I hope this helps?Alex 

Sent from the all-new AOL app for iOS
Christopher_G

Hi @AH168 

Is the software on your device completely up to date?

Chris