cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple watch 6 trying to link with my EE plan says plan is family

nogorman
Explorer

I am having issues when trying to link my Apple Watch series to my primary EE account. 

it keeps coming up with the below message: 

Oops. Something's not quite right.

It looks like you've selected 'Set up for Myself' which isn't compatible with the price plan you have bought.

To complete set-up with your current price plan, click 'Cancel', then re-pair your Apple Watch and select 'Set up for a Family Member'

please can someone assist me as soon as possible as It was the whole reason I bought an Apple Watch.

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@nogorman  You’ll have to call customer services about this.  

There are 2 types of tariffs.

1 the watch is going to be yours and is linked to your iPhone so if you leave the phone at home you can still be called via your phone number 

2 the watch is going to be given to someone and it’s has its own call/text data allowance.    This is more for someone who doesn’t have an iPhone and is aimed at parents so they can keep in touch with their children.  

I think you want the first option but you probably purchased a family tariff so are having issues when you try and set it up with the tariff you actually want 

Good afternoon, 

I have been on the phone with someone who doesn’t know what is causing this has reset a bunch of network settings but still no luck.

this looks to be something on the back end causing the issue I haven’t got a family account never have done.

Did you ever get this fixed? I’m having the exact problems. Don’t have a family plan. I’m told to reset, which I’ve done 6 times, told to wait 24 hours, which I’ve done. Called numerous times. 

hopefully you had a fix?

Did you get this sorted? Got same issue

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Hodgson41.

I'd recommend getting in touch with our Customer Care team about this.

They will be able to access your account and help you further.

Jon