cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch plan

ktaylor5
Investigator
Investigator

I am trying to add my Apple Watch to my current iPhone plan but no option to agree and buy a new plan is appearing when I login to my EE. It was bought from Currys and I want to use the cellular feature but cannot connect to mobile data until I attach my watch to a plan. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @wardley 

@it’s working! Finally. I had my wifi off on my watch and phone and the message to purchase the plan came up. It’s activating now. 
I tried it at 4pm and it wasn’t working so must have just recently been fixed. 👍🙌

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@ktaylor5   You set this up via the watch app on your phone.  Have WiFi turned off on your iPhone also. 

Thanks for the reply. I’ve tried this. No joy. I’m the app when I go to set up data it takes me to login to my ee. After that there is no option to add a plan. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Howdy.

So, I've got an Apple Watch (series 3) that I originally got from EE on a contract.  When that contract finished, I cancelled the data plan for the watch because I was never anywhere with only my watch and not my phone.

However, now that I've spent a year eating chocolate on the couch, I'm trying to get fit again so I've started jogging.  And for that, it would be handier to not have to take my phone with me.

I've gone into the Apple Watch app, click on 'Setup a Data Plan' and then it prompts me to login to my EE account.  I login ok but from the instructions I'm meant to have an option to just select the Apple Watch data plan but what I actually just get when I login in the mobile portal version of the full EE portal and can't see any option for the Apple Watch plan.  Am I missing something really obvious or is it because I had it originally, then cancelled, that it now wont offer it to me again?

I'm I going to have to call them up to fix it or is there just a button or option somewhere in the EE portal to set it all up?

Ah - I've literally just posted exactly the same thing.

Go to watch app -> set up data plan -> login to EE account -> no option to add it.

Glad it's not just me.

Hopefully it's something they're working to fix on the portal.  

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ktaylor5 and @wardley,

Please get in touch with Customer Care so a member of the team can look into this issue for you.

Thanks

James

Hi,

Ok - another silly question but....which bit of the Customer Care team would I need to talk to about this? 

I've just got very lost working my way through the menu system on 150 and none of the options seemed appropriate.

James_B

Hi @wardley,

Please select the options for technical support, but don't worry too much, any agent you speak to will be able to connect you with the right people.

James

Hi,

And for @ktaylor5 info, got through to someone - tried the online chat, they told me to call in, called in and got transferred (eventually) to someone who then told me there's a known issue with this at the moment that was raised last week.

So, it's broken and there's no ETA on when it'll be fixed and it's not something that can be added manually.  

We'll just have to keep trying until they fix it.

(as it's a known issue, it would have been good if the online chat agents were aware of that so that I didn't have to waste time calling through to EE)

James_B

Thanks for the update @ktaylor5 🙂

James