cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch E-Sim in Spain

MikeyB6
Visitor

Hi everyone ! 1st post and it’s a request for help please. I’m pretty technically literate but this has me foxed rather and I can’t find any real valid info that I feel comfortable relying on thus far. My wife wants to buy her dad a cellular Apple Watch for his birthday (he has an iPhone so would seem to be pretty straightforward, but the next bit is the difficulty I have), however, he lives in Spain and has a pay monthly Orange contract. I know that, in theory, it shouldn’t be an issue (can’t believe Apple wouldn’t support it just because it’s Spain), but I was wondering if anyone had any pointers/‘beware of’ comments, bearing in mind I can’t go into a UK Orange shop and ask anymore, since it was sold to EE ?

cheers, Mike 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@MikeyB6   So that network is Orange Spain.     If you want to get a cellular Apple Watch does that network support cellular watches?  Orange Spain had nothing to do with Orange uk.   

Ive just searched and Orange Spain supports the Apple Watch but you’ll have to purchase this from Apple or get it from that network provider.         And depending on how that network goes about this you’ll might find it’s a separate bill to his phone contract and it’s just linked to his account so when the phone is called the watch will ring also.     

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@MikeyB6   So that network is Orange Spain.     If you want to get a cellular Apple Watch does that network support cellular watches?  Orange Spain had nothing to do with Orange uk.   

Ive just searched and Orange Spain supports the Apple Watch but you’ll have to purchase this from Apple or get it from that network provider.         And depending on how that network goes about this you’ll might find it’s a separate bill to his phone contract and it’s just linked to his account so when the phone is called the watch will ring also.