cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Cellular

Hayles35
Explorer

Hi - I have just bought an apple series 9 watch with cellular and none of my messages calls or WhatsApp notifications are appearing on my watch. Can you help with this please? My older apple watch used to show all notifications with only gps and not cellular capability.

thank you 

hayley

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Hayles35     Is that via cellular on the watch or when the watch is paired to your iPhone via Bluetooth?      Cellular will only work if you have setup a cellular data plan for the watch and that’s done via the watch app.     If it’s via Bluetooth linked to your phone have you checked to make sure the settings for those apps is set correctly? 

The watch when it’s in close proximity to your iPhone will pair via Bluetooth and not use cellular.  Cellular has to be enabled and Bluetooth off or out of range of your iPhone to not connect via Bluetooth.  

Hi Chris

thanks for the reply, appreciate it

i have set up a cellular plan to add a second line but nothing not even basic notifications are mirrored on my watch whether I have my iPhone with me or not. All the settings are set to allow notifications and everything I have seen on Google advice wise is set up correctly on my phone and watch. So not sure 😞 

to be honest, my last Apple Watch (ultra 1) had an issue near the end of me using it where I received no notifications but I didn’t think anything of it as I knew I was getting a new upgrade anyway.

thanks Hayley

@Hayles35 , it might be worth going to the watch app on your phone, click on notifications and check each app to see whether the notifications have been set to not show, just an idea, otherwise you may have to reset it and start again from scratch, the watch, that is and see if that solves it.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.