cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Cellular

Narras
Explorer

I have an existing Apple Watch data plan with EE but have recently purchased a new Watch directly from Apple. I wish to replace the existing, or add a new, data plan for the new Watch. However, the mobile data setup within the Watch App directs me to EE whereupon I get the message ‘oops there was a problem’ and asking me to call 150 stating code ‘003’ or ‘013’.  Since the 150 call does not give any options relating to Apple Watch I am unable to resolve my data plan issue. Is it possible to transfer a data plan or get a new one from EE for a Watch not obtained through EE?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Chris,  I did proceed as you have suggested but still hit the problem as I described. I also spent a long time on the EE help chat but they did not seem to be able to come up with a satisfactory solution.   I have just managed to speak with EE technical support who were very helpful.  It was simply a matter of replacing the EID number on my new watch with that on the existing plan and updating the Watch details  I have to praise the Welsh lady in Technical Support for her patience and help in guiding me through the process in setting it up on via the Apple Watch App on my phone.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Narras  You’ll need to factory reset your new Apple Watch first.   

You then need to unpair your old Apple Watch from your device and you’ll be given the option to keep your current Watch tariff you then simply pair your new watch and and select the Apple Watch tariff you kept. 

Thanks Chris,  I did proceed as you have suggested but still hit the problem as I described. I also spent a long time on the EE help chat but they did not seem to be able to come up with a satisfactory solution.   I have just managed to speak with EE technical support who were very helpful.  It was simply a matter of replacing the EID number on my new watch with that on the existing plan and updating the Watch details  I have to praise the Welsh lady in Technical Support for her patience and help in guiding me through the process in setting it up on via the Apple Watch App on my phone.