Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apparently Apple Watch cellular add on not available

Silverfoxxxx
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Can anyone clarify, I’ve just got off a call with tech after being unable to add cellular to my Apple Watch ultra 2 due to a problem with some peoples plans not linking, told to check back in a week. When I asked how long this had been an issue she said it had been several months, I then asked is it likely to be fixed next week then? Ummm NO, would I like to upgrade my phone? 
What the actual, we can’t link your account, unless you upgrade your phone plan, what the ‘F’ is this all about. 
anyone else had this issue , penalised for buying products outright instead of on credit. 

19 REPLIES 19
tree10
Explorer

I have been told the same today. I spent 2 hrs being passes from 1 person to the next until finally they said it's been an issue since the 23/10 and no ETA. I only swapped to EE because i wanted to add my apple watch cellular... looks like ill be trying vodafone next.

Yes it is very odd, it is effectively just adding an eSIM to the account you already have, as a non technical person it should be as simple as linking an account with the push of a couple of buttons. 🤷‍♂️

tree10
Explorer

Yeah it’s super annoying! Is there any chance you have an eSIM for your phone? I wonder whether that’s the reason mine isn’t working…

venkateshr
Investigator
Investigator

@Silverfoxxxx - I have exactly have this problem. I was told in April 2023 that my profile isn't linked. Incident has been raised. Eventually I lost interest, now I'm trying again. I was sold £7 plan yesterday didn't work either.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Silverfoxxxx,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Please get in touch with Technical Support so a member of the team can raise a new support ticket for you.

They'll be happy to help.

James

Update, just got off phone, I had all the solutions written down to go through, the lady that answered literally fixed it in less than 5 mins with no input from me, she was Amazing compared to my last interaction. 
Basically I had the same issue as others I managed to find online that I had more than one account set up with the same email, 5 to be exact, she deleted the 4 old ones and then I logged in through the watch app and all done. 

Thanks EE team. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

That's great news @Silverfoxxxx 

Thanks for keeping us updated. 🙂

James

Great to hear. I went back with your solution didn't work. Apparently, they told me its Apple's fault (this is 2nd time). 1st time was in April 2023, I went to apple and a lady from Apple ran a diagnostic service and told me its nothing to do with Apple. Its the service provider who should provide network. EE is happy to take money for your mobile and watch but don't provide service. 

Did you speak to the Tech team?, it is definitely the issue, it is the information I found after a few days of research and definitely worked for me I’m now up and running fine. 
What did they say about any extra accounts? 

Yes, I spoke to the Tech team. There were 2 accounts, the lady removed the extra account didn't work, that's when fault on Apple came again.