Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anytime upgrade

Tr1m813
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, 

just wondering if anyone has noticed that the price of the anytime upgrades have gone up? 

mine should be £100 now up until 19/11/20 but for some reason it’s showing £300 and I was going to upgrade to the iPhone 12 pro max but I’m not paying £300 towards it when it should only be £100. 

thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
greenbadger
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

A few people have noticed the same. It's really not on as it is a change to the terms of the contract mid way through the contract which was not notified

I (and a few others on this forum) have raised a formal complaint and I would suggest you do the same. EE seem to be taking their time investigating my complaint though as I raised it 3 weeks ago and besides a phone call saying they are looking into it I haven't heard anything more

Alex_S
EE Employee

Hi @Tr1m813

Welcome to the community 🙂

If you’re on an eligible Upgrade Anytime plan you can upgrade from day 15 of your new plan and up to 45 days before it ends. There may be an upgrade fee to pay depending on where you are in your contract but you can upgrade every two weeks if you want - you just need to swap your old phone and sign up to a new 24-month plan.

• in the first six months of your plan there's a £200 - 600 upgrade fee depending on what device you have
  • between six and 12 months into your plan there's a £50 - £300 upgrade fee depending on what device you have
  • after 12 months there is no upgrade fee
  • if you're in the last 45 days before your plan ends, you can upgrade as normal with no upgrade fee and you can keep your old phone.

You can get in touch with our Customer Care Team regarding your plan or account to check these costs against your account details.

Alex 🙂

Hi @greenbadger,

I have sent you a private message to gain some further information on the complaint you have raised with EE.

Alex 🙂

Hi Alex, 

Thank you for the reply. 

This is a complete change in the terms of my contract. I was told in store that the Anytime Upgrade between 15days and 6 months would be £200 and 6month to 1 year would be £100, after a year it would be free as long as I gave the handset back. 

I have the iPhone 11 Pro Max 256gb now. I don’t get why it has suddenly changed to £300. 

Kind regards

Rich 

Hi @Tr1m813,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I would recommend contacting our Customer Care team regarding this.

They will be able to check the details of your account help with any changes.

Alex 🙂