cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd hand Apple Watch, how do I get data plan?

Nickbryant1
Explorer

I’m planning on getting a 2nd hand Apple Watch (cellular) series 5

How do I add a data plan to this?
My phone is already on EE and I would like to be able to have it on my pre existing number and be able to use data on it

Can I do this and how?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Nickbryant1  providing you’re a contract customer you can add a secondhand Apple watch to your EE account by opening the Apple Watch app and pairing the watch with your iPhone and choosing to take out a Sim only deal which will be £7 per month and you will get 10 gig of data just for the watch.   This is all done via the watch app on the iPhone.   Your calls/text will come from your phone tariff allowance.    Your watch will ring when your phone is called as it’s all linked via your EE account.   The watch will have its own number but this is only used to get a data connection on the watch though. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Nickbryant1  providing you’re a contract customer you can add a secondhand Apple watch to your EE account by opening the Apple Watch app and pairing the watch with your iPhone and choosing to take out a Sim only deal which will be £7 per month and you will get 10 gig of data just for the watch.   This is all done via the watch app on the iPhone.   Your calls/text will come from your phone tariff allowance.    Your watch will ring when your phone is called as it’s all linked via your EE account.   The watch will have its own number but this is only used to get a data connection on the watch though. 

CAN YOU STOP THE WATCH £7 PER MONTH AT ANYTIME OR IS IT A 12/24 MONTH CONTRACT THAT YOU ARE TAKING OUT?

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bacon74,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

It's a rolling 30 day contract.

Hope this helps.

James

THANKS JAMES 

I have just rejoined EE, I called to add my Apple Watch and was told that I would have to buy a new Apple Watch from EE, you can’t add an Apple Watch bought elsewhere?

Leanne_T

Hi @Fourqtwo

Thanks for coming back here. 

Are you able to add this via the watch app on your iPhone? 

Leanne.

Hi Leanne,

Thanks for your reply, I get the message below which was why I called. 

Call us on 150 with code 030.
James_B

Hi @Fourqtwo,

I'm sorry to hear you were given incorrect information when you called.

Please call 150 again, selecting the technical support option.

Thanks

James

Hi James,

Spoke to tech support on 150 unlike Nathan who I spoke to on 22nd, they knew exactly what I needed and my Apple Watch is now connected to data.

Many thanks for your help.