cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Pixel 4a Wifi Calling

betteleyr
Investigator
Investigator

As EE are selling Pixel 4a - any news on when Wifi Calling will be rolled out to Pixel 4a?

7 REPLIES 7
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @betteleyr 

If you are on pay monthly contract it should be an option under call settings.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Hi,

I am on a pay monthly contract (SIM only)

Not sure if it's related but my old phone is still registered to my account.

I'll try and give EE a call - lack of WiFi calling makes it difficult to do from home!

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

What's the problem @betteleyr?

Is the menu option not there or it's not working?

Have you tried putting the phone in airplane mode and wifi on, and seeing if it works?

Hi,

I've enabled WiFi calling (was using a Moto G7 Power so familiar with Android)

In Settings and have done a few router and phone restarts.

Not sure if it's just a function of time (only swapped the SIM yesterday evening) and if I'm patient there will be some batch job on a backend somewhere that will pick up the new device?

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@betteleyr 

Newer phones tend to only use wifi calling when there's no signal or it's extremely poor. Try turning your phone off and on, and then enable airplane mode and then turn wifi back on, give it a few mins, does EE wifi calling show?

Also if you're able, try the device on different WiFi hotspots.

Hi,

Just to confirm that Wifi calling is working - unlike Android 10/ iOS there is not a clear visible that calls will be received with it (it can be seen on call history/ when there is an incoming call) clearly however.

Thanks to all above for help