cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calling disappeared

MJTMJT
Investigator
Investigator

WiFi calling has disappeared from my Oppo a94. Both my mobile & broadband are via EE contracts.

I have used WiFi calling for months but now it has disappeared and the option to turn it on no longer exists.

9 REPLIES 9
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MJTMJT,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Have you had any recent software updates?

James

None that I am aware of.

I've just checked for any updates and there are none outstanding. So the phone must have had updates at some point.

I have turned the phone off & on again - to no avail.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @MJTMJT.

The option may have moved within Settings, where was it located previously?

Jon

I have the same problem.  My Reno 8 has stopped using wifi calling, and searching the settings does not give a result.  As a result, I cannot use my two-week old phone at home, as I have zero bars signal.  This is a major issue for me, so I'd be grateful for information on how to restore this.I'm on ColorOS v12.1 CPH2359_11_A.16.

Thanks

tim_B 

I don't remember where it was when I first turned it on. I've searched through the settings menus and can't find it. Nor can I find the specific headings in the menu listed in help services I have googled.

Interestingly, the WiFi calling at the top of the screen appears briefly when I get home but then disappears. And it is apparent that WiFi calling is not working as I can't make or receive calls in the house.

Did you ever get WiFi Calling working. My feeling is no matter what phone you have with WiFi calling, only a certain number of phones are supported by the mobile providers. Probably only the ones they sell..

@MuckSpreader   Not true at all.   The device manufacturers install the feature not the network, is an OS feature the network only has to provide the service for it to function.    

Plus the fact EE sell Oppo devices so that kind of puts the kibosh on that.  

And this thread from just over 1 year ago is about the  feature disappearing from the device so you can’t enable it.  It’s not about it not working as that works means it’s still within the device settings for you to enable/disable it

The EE advisor I just spoke to identified that this may be a software bug related to an Android version update (to Android 14 in my case), based on what he had found online, and apologised that it might be necessary to wait for a bug fix from the OEM (my phone is a Samsung).

However, he re-pushed the settings from his end and after I rebooted my phone, WiFi calling is back. If anyone else comes across this thread and has the same issue, I'd advise you to try that.