Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking a Huawei B525s-23a router

mike263
Investigator
Investigator

Hi. 

I am hoping someone can help guide me on the following.  I purchased a Huawei B525s-23a 4G router in Feb 2020.  It was direct from EE online.  I phoned EE on 14 December to ask for an unlock code but never heard anything back.  I phoned again on 22 January and was told I would receive a code within 3-5 days but I am yet to hear anything. 

Many thanks in advance,

Mike

--

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks to both @Leanne_T and @Chris_h1.  I have now received an unlock code and all is working well.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @mike263

Thanks for posting on the community. 

I have sent you a private message on here for some details 🙂

Thanks.

Leanne.

Hi Leanne,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.  I have replied to your PM.

Mike

--

Leanne_T

Perfect @mike263

Thanks very much for the quick reply 🙂

Leanne. 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

If the device had been on your contract for at least 6 months, even if that contract has now been cancelled, you can just apply using the Unlocking your device form and giving the mobile number that it originally came with.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi @XRaySpeX .  Thank you for replying.  Unfortunately, the online form doesn't seem to work for this.  It just comes up with an error saying that the device is not recognised as an EE device.  Looking through the forum seems to suggest that other people have had the same problem.  @Leanne_T has kindly arranged for someone to phone me to sort it out.

Thanks to both @Leanne_T and @Chris_h1.  I have now received an unlock code and all is working well.

James_B

That's great @mike263 🙂

Thanks for letting us know.

James

Hi,i have the same problem of getting an unlock code, but the difficulty arises that i no longer have a running ee account, how can i sort it .

Leanne_T

Hi @CliveLT

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Where did you purchase the device? 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.