cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking Your Device

vonBek
Investigator
Investigator

I've been trying to go through the unlocking process for the last two days, but after entering my valid IMEI number I constantly get  an error message saying 'Please try that again Sorry, something went wrong on our end. Please enter your IMEI again or come back later' so I'm unable to get any further.

16 REPLIES 16
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@vonBek  Why don’t you call customer services about this ?    

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @vonBek ,

Please may I check whether you are following the guidance at the below link and have become stuck at one of the steps which isn't addressed by any of the later suggestions at that link?

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Unlocking-your-device/Unlocking-your-EE-mobile-phone-or-device/td-p/11...

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

@mikeliuk  IMEI not being recognised isn’t covered by anything within that link.  That’s why I recommend calling.   

@mikeliuk All I'm doing is clicking the 'Unlock your Device' button, entering my IMEI number and then clicking the 'Verify IMEI Number' button. Then I get the error message and I can't proceed and further as trying again just gets the same result.

I tried calling customer services but as I'm using a pay as you go account all calls to a human being cost 25p - which I would gladly pay -  but the minimum amount to top up my account balance is £5, so I want to avoid that obviously.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @vonBek,

What type of phone is it? Did you purchase it from EE?

Have you tested it with another SIM card to see if it's already unlocked?

James

It's a Huawei P30 Lite that I bought second hand. I've been using an EE SIM for  the last eleven months with no problems and I've tried a number of other SIMs from other providers all of which require me to unlock the phone. I haven't tried any unlock codes so the phone isn't bricked, it is just locked to EE.

James_B

Hi @vonBek,

Are you entering your IMEI number at myaccount.ee.co.uk/app/device-unlock?

James

Yes, that is where I'm entering the IMEI number - I've tried both of the IMEI numbers that are shown when I enter *#06# on the phone, and both numbers result in the same error message 'Sorry, something went wrong on our end. Please enter your IMEI again or come back later', so I'm stuck in that loop and have been for the last four days.

James_B

Hi @vonBek,

If the IMEI isn't recognised by the online unlocking tool, please get in touch with Customer Care so a member of the team can check the status of the phone.

They'll be happy to help.

James